Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Social Media Commerce for Dummies

Friday, December 7, 2012

Book Review - Social Media Commerce for Dummies

About the Book
Capture customers and sales with social media commerce Social media commerce is a booming industry. By using social networks in the context of e-commerce transactions, brands large and small are making their products more available and more convenient for customers. This one-of-a-kind guide introduces you to social media commerce and explains how you can use social media to provide better customer service, collect payments online, and build your customer base. Online marketing expert Marsha Collier helps you determine where you have the best opportunity to reach your market, which sites you should integrate with, and much more.


  • Your customers are communicating with each other via social media; making purchasing opportunities available on social media sites adds convenience for your customer and opens up new sales opportunities
  • This step-by-step guide explains social media commerce and shows what you can accomplish
  • Helps you determine the sites where your business should have a presence
  • Demonstrates how customers can help promote your brand as they recommend products and services to others on their social networks
  • Author Marsha Collier is the undisputed expert on eBay and a recognized authority on social media marketing


Social Media Commerce For Dummies helps you offer your customers better service while giving them the opportunity to share information about your product with their social media contacts.

My Take on the Book
I have tried to do some commerce on my own blog and through social networking in the past but to be honest I have not been too successful as of yet. With that in mind I was excited to read this book to see if I could gleam some new ideas and information from this. After reading through this book I have to say that I was impressed by the vast amount of ideas and resources that are shared. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned vet, this book will still give you something. I am looking forward to trying out these ideas for myself to see what I can do with it and I hope to have some positive results in the future!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: